Okay, so after contemplating whether or not I would relax my hair I decided to go ahead and just do it. One of the reasons that I stopped relaxing my hair was due to scalp burning issues, so I did not enter into this decision lightly. I did a lot of prep work before I even mixed the relaxer components together and I am so glad that I did.
- Mixed 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, and moisturizing conditioner into the two parts of the Silk elements no-lye relaxer. The addition of the oil mix dilutes the hair relaxer and slows the relaxing process down which is good since I had so much hair to cover in a relatively short period of time.
- Since this was a virgin relaxer, I covered my hair with the relaxer beginning 1 inch from the roots and ends- starting with the back crown section and working down to the nape area then proceeding to the front crown area down to the hairline. See the video below for instructions:
- After applying the relaxer to the length of the hair, I then added the relaxer to the roots and the ends of the hair. I finished this process in 10 minutes- I worked as fast as I could to get the relaxer applied in a short amount of time. I smoothed the hair for about 5 minutes- smoothing the first section that the relaxer was applied to first and so on-then fully rinsed the relaxer out of my hair.
- Once all of the relaxer was rinsed out. The ApHogee 2 minute Reconstructor was distributed throughout the hair for 2 minutes and then was rinsed completely.
- I used a neutralizing shampoo about 5 times (until there were no more pink bubbles) and towel dried my hair. I borrowed the oiling conditioning technique from the video below:
- To deep condition my hair, Amla oil was applied all over my hair followed by the Motions CPR deep conditioner. I sat under a heated conditioning cap for one hour rinsed it all out, placed the moisturizing conditioner through out my hair for a final rinse, and then proceeded to roller set my hair.
- The results were fabulous! I did not burn at all during the hair relaxing process. My hair was left full of body, soft and in wonderful condition. Ultimately, I am so glad that I made the decision to return to healthy relaxed hair.